Monday, November 7, 2011

Spanaway - November 7, 2011

Hello!!!
 
So Halloween was pretty legit; we went to President Weaver's house and had our little party. The movie was called 17 Miracles. It supposedly came out earlier in the year and is about the Willie Handcart Company. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it; I was close to tears during many parts of it. The pioneers had such an incredible amount of faith and sacrificed so much to be able to join with the Saints and partake of temple blessings.
 
As for me, we had a great week as well! Our teaching pool remains mostly empty, but we knocked into a man named Francisco who invited us into his house and after a few questions told us of a recent divorce and how he wants to change his life and he committed to baptism! He just needs to talk to his boss so he can get Sundays off or move it to another day. Please pray for him as well as for his boss so that he can come to church.
 
I also feel way good about this family from Panama that we met last Sunday. They've been busy all week so we were only able to see them once, but the girls want to come to Tuesday activities, they all already know a member of the ward, and we should be giving the whole family a tour later this week too.
 
We also made sure that Gregorio and Concepcón and Mari got their hometeachers assigned, and I'm just happy that they're progressing as much as they have been. We've been trying to network from our recent converts to find people to teach, and one recent convert was supposed to introduce us to a friend at church yesterday, but none of them were able to make it.
 
I hope you are all doing well and if there is anything in particular that I can do to help you all out, just let me know.
 
Also thank you so much for the package! Everything works great! 

As for Christmas stuff, idk. Music is always nice (Christian rock is no longer approved btw, but some awesome Gospel music would be nice). Maybe a game for p'days like Race to the Galaxy or something, idk. Or something that will reduce the pain from having to eat 10 meals in a single day. Whatever. Just receiving a package of something from somebody will make me way happy.
 
I love you all, and thank you so much for your love and support! Miracles come if we pray enough and put forth the required obedience and diligence, and we'll keep looking for them!
 
<3
Greg