¡Buenas! (Hi)
Transfers were fantastic!!! Elder Lehr and I are actually going to be staying together this transfer in Spanaway. My granddaddy, Elder Hansen, goes home in a few hours and we received three new Spanish Elders, one of whom is 6'9´´! No one else goes home for 10 more months, so the Spanish zone isn't going to change for almost a year, and we'll all have the chance to get super close! President also opened up another Spanish area, so we now have eight areas with the brand new addition of Centralia. And I wouldn't be surprised if Forks opens up to Spanish, or at least a zebra companionship before I finish my mission.
The García family did end up dropping us, which was sad, but like you said it's just part of the work and hopefully everything will work out in the end. We were also blessed in many ways.
Transfers also probably fixed the problem with the English elders. The new missionary is super cool, and also clean and cleaned the bathroom already, and we talked last night about a rotating chore thing so that we can turn the apartment into the best apartment in the mission like it used to be.
We made a lot of progress with Mari this week. Witnesses do believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God, but tend to place more emphasis on God the Father and believe the the Father is Jehova. They like to talk about the name of God and why that's important, etc. Certainly there are a lot of interesting beliefs. I had a humbling experience in the last lesson we had with her; as we've taught her, there have been a lot of things that she hasn't agreed with, but this last time she told us 'you know, I think you two may be right. Whenever you come to my house, I feel a kind of energy, and when you go, it seems to go too. That's why I started calling you angelitos [little angels] when I first met you. But I want to be sure.' She's still a long ways from coming to church, let alone getting baptized, but this really strengthened my testimony about the importance of being obedient so that we can qualify for the companionship of the Holy Ghost, which is the true testifier of the truths of the Gospel.
Hmmm, what else? Tacoma Spanish had a legit baptism on Sunday, probably one of the most spiritual baptisms I've attended. A member just saw Wendy and her two kids at the store, invited them down to the church because there was a barbecue/activity going on, Tacoma gave them a church tour right there, and three weeks later, they entered into the waters of baptism. Member missionary work is the Lord's way of doing missionary work!
Keep praying for finding miracles! Instatours! That's probably one of the areas in which we struggle the most in Spanaway, since the Mexican's live so far apart and we need to scout them out. But we feel rejuvenated and we're excited to baptize this transfer!
¡Les amo muchísimo y espero que se encuentren bien! (That means I love you very much and hope that you are well).
Con cariño y amor (with care and love),
Greg